Saturday, December 1, 2007

Bad day for sunshine

Today was to be the 4th Annual Holiday Art Sale at the Pearson Lakes Art Center. This event has been postponed til next Saturday (10 a.m-4 p.m.) due to weather. Fortunate for me in that I'd forgotten to get a state sales tax number and now I have time to, but unfortunate because I won't be able to be there next week due to work. Still, I'll make sure my work is there. (By the way, did I mention there was a great article about me in the November 24th edition of Discover! magazine regarding this event?)

Another event that was postponed is the afternoon tea in association with the Gathering of Wreaths event at Arts on Grand. The tea will take place tomorrow at 3.

Frankly I'm glad I'm not out. I already had my eyeballs impaled by sleet just walking from the store to my car today. Is winter like this always in northeastern Iowa?

Let us escape from this dreariness for a moment and take a look at the weather on the OTHER side of the world:



*Sigh*

Photo blatantly ripped off from my photographer sister who currently resides in New Zealand, where summer is just beginning.

P.S. You can buy photos from her Alaskan salmon adventures at Arts on Grand.

1 comment:

sarah said...

i'm sorry the weather is so crappy. that is a nice photo though, isn't it. ;) i also like the shameless plug for certain photos on sale.