Saturday, December 8, 2007

It's beginning to look a lot like...



It's really winter now. Our jack-o-lanterns sit half-rotten in the compost heap wearing jackets of snow.



This half-buried stone sculpture was created by a Japanese exchange student who didn't want to lug it on the plane home. It resembles some sort of temple.



Dormant raspberry bushes dusted in snow.

If it's wintry outside, I can't help but want to get Christmasy inside:



This photo isn't very clear (sorry), but that's mistletoe (artificial, about $10 at the Hen House) in the center. Glass icicles by Tony Curiel (available at Arts on Grand, $6.50 each). It's a bit dark, but at the top of the mistletoe is a feather bird with gorgeous, iridescent tail feathers ($3.95 at the Hen House). Gold glass balls from Menards.



I hung paper snowflakes from the dining room chandelier.



Put lights on the ficus (20-light strand from WalMart, under $2.00).



18-inch table-top tree from Menards for 99 cents. Red decos from WalMart, gold from Menards. Vintage red raindeer do-dad from my grandparents--received years ago on a Christmas package.

By the way, I would like to plug Arts on Grand as a (Christmas) gift shop. I've managed to find several beautiful gifts which I would love to post, but I wouldn't want to spoil any surprises. 10-percent discounts for members on purchases over $10!

No comments: