Monday, December 17, 2007

Cool stuff in my basement.

Spencer has some really beautiful historic homes. I've noticed a number of well-kept Craftsman style homes, including my own. My house was built in 1911 and has been well-maintained. (My only complaint is that the arched fireplace has been partially covered up.) One of the things I like about old houses is their history. Even if I never know the stories or who it was that once lived there, just knowing that people experienced the place decades ago is enough to create intrigue.

This is the first old house I've lived in. Among other things, here are a couple of interesting things in the basement:



How long since that's been used, do you think?



Evidence of a former radio enthusiast.

What sorts of interesting things have you found in your basement/attic? Got any interesting stories about your house?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love you and hope you have a wonderful Christmas. -g