Friday, November 16, 2007

Pearson Lakes Art Center Holiday Silent Auction

The PLAC in Okoboji opened their holiday silent auction today, featuring wreathes and trees decorated by local artists and businesses, as well as ceramic bowls, which were glazed by local artists and filled with goodies by individuals and businesses. All are on display in Weaver Lobby until December 2nd. (Don't forget the 4th Annual Holiday Art Sale downstairs in Pomerantz Hall December 1st! I'll be there...)



I decorated one of the wreathes. I made some cut paper Christmas-themed designs and spray painted them silver and attached them to the wreath along with red mini-ornaments and white lights. It's really not as great as it could have been. I think it's missing something.

Luckily I get a second chance at it because I'm teaming up with my mom to make a wreath for our own Arts on Grand's "Gathering of Wreathes" (Dec. 1-8). It's going to be a surprise!

1 comment:

Udai said...

I think your wreath looks very nice.