Friday, November 9, 2007

Shaky Tree's 1st Birthday & Kent Fishburn Concert

I walked in around 8:15 (15 minutes late), which I wouldn't recommend. To walk into a concert that's already begun at Shaky Tree is to walk in front of everybody's way. The place was packed. In fact, the only place I could sit without being in front of someone was so far back, the stage was no longer in my sight. The place suffers from an awkward floor plan (for a concert hall). There is no one large seating area, but two long narrow spaces that meet in the corner. They make up for it by having great music that no one else has.

Mr. Fishburn's music was very pleasant (he had a companion playing with him but I never saw her), but the stool I was sitting on was not. Around 9:10, intermission was announced and birthday cake was offered, but my fear of crowds kicked in and I darted out.

Overall I think the event went over excellently and I am really pleased that Shaky Tree is around to bring us musicians like Kent Fishburn and good darjeeling (sorry, I'm not a coffee drinker). Happy birthday, Shaky Tree!

1 comment:

TreeBed said...

Thanks for the Birthday post!!! I'm diggin the blog... keep it rockin, and come jump into the Shaky Tree craziness anytime (we'd love to have ya in the mix).